Friday, February 12, 2021

The Battle of the Genres!

    This week has been all about the research. I have captured so much information these past few days that it has been hard to choose which one I will be using for my Cambridge Project. Due to the fact that I have to create a two-minute video on an op[ening of a film, I have researched two genres in the film industry which could be potential genres for my opening. Ironically, they are both very different in various aspects, however, this was a great overview of the different genres that exist in the world of media. 

Melodrama:


-Plot appeals to heightened emotions                            

-Exaggerated plots

-Domestic situations with "stereotyped characters"

-Appeal to a more feminine audience

-Emphasise human crisis events











Ex: Adrift (2018)


VS.

Action:

-More flexibility when expanding on the plot (Action-adventure, Action-comedy, Action-horror, Action-thriller)

-Emphasis on fights, chases, and explosions

-Stunt work

-Special effects

-Strong Heroes

-Revenge Plot












Ex: Inception (2010)


    Even though both genres researched are very different, they are a great start when it comes to the planning of my opening. This way, I was able to educate myself even further on the desired genre. Nevertheless, I will continue to expand my knowledge in the art of media in the different tunnels it could take me to. 


Citations:

25, Jourdan Aldredge July, et al. “Genre Insights: 5 Things You Need to Make an Action Movie.” The Beat: A Blog by PremiumBeat, 6 July 2020, www.premiumbeat.com/blog/5-essential-elements-of-action-movies/. 

“Action Cinema.” Obo, www.oxfordbibliographies.com/view/document/obo-9780199791286/obo-9780199791286-0157.xml. 

Melodramas Films, www.filmsite.org/melodramafilms.html. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

MY CCR

     With both happiness from the outcome of the project and sorrow for it being over, I present you the final part of my project: My CCR . ...